- This orthosis has the role of support while walking.
- It consists of 2 distinct parts:
- A support above the ankles and a non-slip support section that puts a hook between the tongue of the shoe and the lace.
- Both sides are joined by an elastic band adjustable according to the degree of unfolding.
- The back of the strap contains a gel on the inside to provide comfort in the Achilles tendon.
It is chosen depending on the circumference at the level of the ankles:
- XS circumference 13-17cm
- S circumference 17-21cm
- M circumference 21-25cm
- L circumference 25-29cm
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
This orthosis is worn together with the patient’s sports shoes.
Attach the support bracket to the ankle so that the gel pad is at the level of the Achilles tendon.
Loosen the shoe laces and place the plate with the hook between the shoe tongue and the laces so that it remains centered and the hook is positioned in the direction of pull.
Immediately afterwards, insert the pull spring through the slide at the top of the ankle.
Attach it to the hook and pull on the two ends of Velcro, that you will fasten as soon as the desired stretch has been achieved.
The orthosis produces a dorsal-flexion while walking and prevents the risk of slipping on uneven surfaces.