- Orliman’s lower limb realignment orthosis is composed of a belt and two thigh supports linked by elastic straps that create traction from the inside of both thighs to the back of the belt with the aim of keeping the lower limbs in abduction and consequently achieving correct alignment. The belt and the thigh supports are made from velour and are fastened at the front by means of Velcro straps.
- They feature silicone dots on the inside to prevent displacement and rotation of the orthosis when being worn by the patient. The belt also has lumbar padding for comfort. The straps that link the belt and thigh supports are elastic and made from polyamide and elastane, and include a strip of elastic velour on the inside.
Measurements: circumference of the basin and of the thigh.
- 0 basin circumference 44-50; thigh circumference 22-30
- 1 basin circumference 48-55; thigh circumference 28-35
- 2 basin circumference 52-61cm; thigh circumference 31-40cm
- 3 basin circumference 56-65cm; thigh circumference 37-46cm
- 4 basin circumference 62-71cm; thigh circumference 41-50cm
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
In order to obtain a greater degree of therapeutic effectiveness in the different pathologies and to prolong the life and utility of the product, it is fundamental that the correct size adequate for each patient or user is chosen (enclosed in the packet is a diagram with all the sizes and the equivalent in centimetres). An excess compression can produce intolerance, therefore we recommend that the compression be regulated to an optimum degree.
To fit observe the following aspects:
1.Place the belt around the patient’s pelvic area covering the back and abdomen
2.Fasten the straps located on the front of the belt to the desired tightness.
3.Then fit the thigh supports around the top of each thigh, fasten using the strap at the front and attach the elastic straps that join the thigh supports to the belt by fastening one end of the strap to the inner thigh and wrapping it at least once around the front of each thigh support.
4.Finally, fasten the other end of the straps in a crossover manner to the back of the belt.
5.These elastic straps provide a tension gradient and elasticity to control the thigh’s traction and rotation to suit the needs of the patient and degree of correction required.